Do you know what Cholesterol is? Cholesterol is a substance that is made in the liver and is vital to human life. High cholesterol is one of the major controllable risk factors for many heart related diseases. High cholesterol coupled with smoking, high blood pressure or diabetes can increase your risk even more. Cholesterol levels can be affected by age, gender, family health history and diet.
Here are some great ways you can help maintain healthy levels:
- Get your cholesterol levels checked regularly
- Read food labels: Men should eat no more than 30g and women should eat no more than 20g of saturated fats a day.
- Manage your weight
- Exercise regularly
- Stop smoking
- Eat a diet low in saturated fats
If you are currently trying to control your cholesterol levels with a statin drug, you might be suffering from pain and other symptoms that are affecting your daily life. These symptoms may include: muscle aches, tenderness, or weakness, headaches, difficulty sleeping, flushing of the skin, drowsiness, dizziness, nausea/vomiting, abdominal cramping or pain, bloating/gas, diarrhea, constipation or rashes.
If you are sick of the side affects of your medication affecting your everyday life, stop by and ask us about our Active Nutrient caps. This innovative capsule addresses drug induced nutrient depletion. This happens when medications block the absorption, storage, metabolism or synthesis of essential nutrients in your body. Each Active Life Nutrient Capsule provides vital nutrients to support bone health, cardiovascular health, proper glucose levels, anti-aging and fat metabolism. When taken every day this useful dietary supplement can greatly increase everyday wellness for those who wish to consume essential nutrients for health.
Learn more about our Active Life Nutrient Capsules here.
Allow Us to Re-Introduce ourselves!
In various settings we get asked what makes us different than <insert bad word here> pharmacy? You know the ones on every corner, or inside of your local big box store; the ones that claim to have your health in mind while they sell a startling combination of causes and “cures” in close proximity; the ones where you can pick up your diabetes medication and a car battery in one stop. Those places where the items are sitting on the shelf prime for your consumption, but yet no one in the store can really tell you what they are used for. 200 Pharmacy, who is your biggest competitor???
Well our answer is simple.. NO ONE!!!! How is that? We’re glad you asked! So let us count the ways..
- We won't sell you pop to go with your meds: we really pride ourselves on real health. We won’t tempt you by placing that sweet treat at the register while you’re on a weight loss journey. Or sell you a pack a cigarettes when we know you’re trying to quit. How cruel is THAT?!
- Our pharmacists’ really know their stuff!!! With a combined 70 years of experience it doesn’t get any better!
- Our staff is pretty knowledgeable too! If you think the pharmacist is good, wait to meet our staff! With continuing education and constant learning going on we are truly here to serve! Most of our staff members hold specialized certificates in their perspective areas, even down to our delivery drivers. We’re a unique bunch but for us, service is KEY!
- Our store looks GOOD! Yes, we are tooting our own horn but there are no alternative facts here! We have the largest diabetic shoe selection in the city, a compression sock and brace department, a mastectomy section complete with a private fitting room, and many other items on display complete with instruction from our staff on how it works.
And now….. the grand finally….
- CUSTOMIZATION ! Walking in the door you will see our compounding lab! In here we are mixing up custom formulations specific to each one of our patients. This includes formulations for skin care and hair loss, pain, erectile dysfunction, weight loss, smoking cessation, and even pets! We believe that settling is not an option, and that there is always another way! We will do our best to work with each and every patient to meet their needs including our triad approach, which connects the patient, physician, and pharmacist together to help you achieve optimal results. We also believe that the solutions to many healthcare problems are not only found in pills; rather tailored nutrition plans, lifestyle changes, and customized approaches are effective ways to treat many conditions.
We are not your average pharmacy, we are not like the ones you’ve seen before, and while we sound perfect (wink) we know that sometimes we may fall short. But what we do know is that we are vested in our community, and that we are always striving to change health one patient at a time. But don’t take our word for it… stop by, visit our website, give us a call or send us an email so we can prove it to you.
200 Pharmacy.. We’re Just Different …
If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with diabetes, it’s important to understand the science behind diabetes to properly take care of yourself. We have the information you need to live well and manage the disease.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is a disease that affects your body’s ability to use glucose (sugar) for energy. There are two types of diabetes: type 1 and type 2. Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease commonly seen in children. In type 1 diabetes, the body produces either low levels of insulin or no insulin at all.
Type 2 diabetes is the most common form of diabetes. In type 2 diabetes, your pancreas produces insulin, but your body does not use it effectively. In this situation, your body requires higher levels of insulin to help glucose enter the cells. This condition is known as insulin resistance.
While type 2 diabetes is recognized at a fasting glucose level of 100 mg/dL or above, the damage caused by diabetes, such as vascular, ophthalmic, and neurological problems, can begin at a fasting glucose level of 75 mg/dL. And it is well established that the damage begins decades prior to the actual diagnosis of the disease.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes include:
- Increased urinary frequency
- Excessive thirst
- Blurred vision
- Slow healing of wounds
Risk factors for developing type 2 diabetes include:
- Lack of physical activity
- High blood pressure
- Poor lipid profile
An important first step is changing your lifestyle to encourage a better diet and more exercise. However, there are nutritional and herbal supplements that can help control your blood sugar levels and address problems before they start.
Berberine, which is found in our product Berberine Support, is an herbal product that can lower blood sugar, comparable to the prescription drug metformin, and lower lipids, comparable to statins.
Another formulation we have is Diabetes Balance. Diabetes Balance is a balanced formulation of herbs, vitamins and minerals that’ve been shown to have a positive impact on supporting healthy blood sugar metabolism. Finally, zinc, which most individuals are deficient in, is an important nutrient to help control blood sugar.
Blood sugar control and preventing insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes are very important. Our nutritional team can help you take back control of your health by offering you the fi nest pharmaceutical grade nutritional supplements.
Some of the fine products we offer for diabetes and glucose regulation are:
- Berberine Support
- Chromium Picolinate
- Diabetes Balance
- Glucose Control Support
- Zinc 20mg as monomethione
Have questions about these products? Need more information? Stop by or give us a call at (773) 374-4550